Labour's new policies aimed at rejuvenating Town Centres
After a great conference where our towns and the problems they are facing were firmly on the agenda the Labour party has announced 5 brand new policies aimed at rejuvenating our town centres:
- Ban ATM charges and stop bank branch and Post Office closures
- Improve local bus services and provide free bus travel for under 25s
- Deliver free public Wi-Fi in town centres
- Establish a register of landlords of empty shops in each local authority
- Introduce annual revaluations of business rates, ensure a fair appeals system review the business rates system to bring it into the 21st century
The Labour party also release a party political broadcast aimed at our towns which can be viewed above.